Welcome to our web site!
The goal of the Children’s Theater Committee
is to make a high quality drama learning environment available to
every child in Pamlico County of appropriate age as a summer program
that will enrich their lives. As a creative outlet it is expected that
students at the Jr. and Sr. High level will provide a work to the
community that displays their increasing abilities in mastering theater
skills and characterization techniques.
The mission of the Children’s Theater program
shall be to provide an opportunity for the children of Pamlico County
who have completed the first grade through twelfth grades to receive the
benefit that theater activities can provide. These benefits include:
• Fostering self worth based on positive accomplishment and development of creativity
• Creating sensitivity to others through teamwork, cooperative interplay, and conflict resolution.
• Stimulating personal growth with opportunities for self discipline.
• Promoting respect and authentication for others and the environment with group evaluation.
• Exploring the varied facets of imagination, and individuality.
To make the theater a setting where opportunities for telling a
story in words, motion and emotions can bring awareness beyond the
parameters of their own home/school environment; where life values can
be imparted through drama and appreciation of social values can be
learned in the play message. An ensemble of students learning to
appreciate the power of drama techniques can display the respect,
tolerance and patience for all ages, genders, social and ethnic
backgrounds, as they work together toward a common goal.